At KFC, you can rent different rooms such as labs, cell culture rooms and offices. At the same time, you get access to our common space and equipment.
The lab spaces are hired out to individual groups; bigger labs can even be shared with a second group if requested. They are equipped with lab benches and chairs, at least one fridge/freezer, a ventilated hood or bench, a chemical storage cabinet, a acid cabinet under the ventilated hood if requested, a fire-extinguisher and an "elephant foot". All lab spaces have a storage room close by with allocated space.
Cell culture rooms:
The cell culture rooms at KFC are hired out to individual groups. There are no common cell culture rooms at KFC. All cell culture rooms are equipped with a safety bench, an incubator, an inverted microscope, a bench centrifuge and a fridge/freezer.
The office spaces are hired out to individual groups and are secured by combination locks. The offices are typically furbished with desks with personal trolleys, chairs, wall-mounted shelves, a clothes cupboard, a telephone and internet access (SLL, can be converted to KI).
- Kitchen equipped with crockery, cutlery, fridge/freezers, dishwasher and microwaves; free coffee and tea with condiments are available
- Conference rooms for 10, 20 and 30 people, respectively
- Culture rooms:
- Bacterial culture room (equipped with incubators, turbidity meter, bench centrifuge, fridge/freezer and sonicator)
- Virus culture room for work with lenti and retro virus (P2) (same equipment than cell culture rooms)
- Instrument rooms with common equipment
- Weighing rooms with balances
- Freezer hotel
- Pre-PCR room
- Chemical waste room
- Recycling stations
- Changing rooms with showers
- Recovery/sick room